30 No. 3
|Where 2B &Y
||Announcements of conferences, symposia, workshops, meetings, and other upcoming activities.
24–27 September 2008, Novi Sad, Serbia
The significance of safe food production and consumption is becoming more widely recognized as the risks increase that industrial production food production will reduce its nutritive value. Even in highly developed countries, industrial food production brings about new threats to human health. Although this issue is receiving more attention in developed countries, from scientists and the general public, the countries of the former Soviet Union are lagging far behind.
Since 2000, the Ecological Conference on Safe Food has been held in even years with the general aim of communicating valid knowledge, supporting the exchange of opinions and experiences, and making such knowledge actionable. Conference organizers hope to accomplish the following:
- address, on a scientific-expert level, a wide range of key issues concerning safe food production and environmental consciousness
- discuss and assess the causes of ecological imbalance in conventional agricultural production, and the impact of various pollution sources on agricultural production at present
- offer practical solutions, based on scientific indicators and expert opinions, to help meet actual challenges and those that lie ahead
- give relevant proposals and suggestions for long-term strategic programs in food production (in industrialized, controlled, integral, alternative, and sustainable agriculture) without negative effects on human health and the environment
The conference is open to all issues concerning safe food, from the point of its production, to the point of consumption. Contributions are most welcome that point out good or bad practices, while validating factors affecting food safety and quality in the following subject areas:
- ecological factors and food production
- correct choice of seed (genetic) material
- status and preparation of soil as the basic substrate for the production of food and feed
- use of fertilizers and pesticides in integrated plant protection
- use of biologicals
- food processing technology
- economic aspects, marketing and packaging of safe food
For more information contact <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
last modified 4 June 2008.
Copyright © 2003-2008 International Union of Pure and
Questions regarding the website, please contact email@example.com