30 No. 6
|Where 2B &Y
||Announcements of conferences, symposia, workshops, meetings, and other upcoming activities.
21–26 June 2009, Boulder, Colorado, USA
This Symposium on Thermophysical Properties is the 17th symposium in the well-established series of conferences on thermophysical properties. The symposium—to be held 21–26 June 2009 in Boulder, Colorado, USA—is concerned with theoretical, experimental, simulation, and applied aspects of the thermophysical properties of gases, liquids, and solids, including biological systems. Conference topics include the following:
- Thermodynamic Properties, including equation of state, phase equilibria, p-V-T behavior, heat capacity, enthalpy, thermal expansion, sound speed, and critical phenomena
- Transport Properties, including thermal and electrical conductivity, viscosity, mass diffusion, thermal diffusion, non-Newtonian behavior, and thermal, thermoacoustic, and other diffusion waves
- Optical and Thermal Radiative Properties, including dielectric constant, refractive index, emissivity, reflectivity, and absorptivity
- Interfacial Properties, including solid-solid interfaces, surface tension, interfacial profiles, interfacial transport, and wetting
- Data Correlation, including data evaluation and prediction, standard reference data, databases, and storage and retrieval of thermophysical-property data
The 17th symposium will be held in conjunction with the 3rd IIR Conference on Thermophysical Properties and Transfer Processes of Refrigerants. Some sessions will be held jointly.
Abstracts for contributions to the Symposium are due electronically by 5 December 2008.
Please contact conference organizers at <firstname.lastname@example.org> for further information.
last modified 10 November 2008.
Copyright © 2003-2008 International Union of Pure and
Questions regarding the website, please contact email@example.com