31 No. 3
|Where 2B &Y
||Announcements of conferences, symposia, workshops, meetings, and other upcoming activities.
Crop Protection Chemistry in Latin America
9–12 November 2009, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
The 3rd International Workshop on Crop Protection Chemistry in Latin America, will be held 9–12 November 2009 in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. This will be the eighth in a series of regional crop protection chemistry workshop-related projects sponsored by IUPAC since 1988 and the third held in Latin America.
The objectives of the workshop are as follows:
- facilitate the exchange of information and ideas regarding harmonized approaches available for the scientific evaluation and regulation of crop protection chemistry
- provide a forum for presentation of the latest research in the areas of agricultural biotechnology, environmental and human health protection, risk management, and regulation of crop protection chemicals in Latin America
Research and regulatory scientists working in the area of crop protection chemistry and biotechnology will gain new insights regarding trends and emerging developments in agricultural science. Attendees will benefit by forging new connections within a multidisciplinary, international group with similar interests and goals.
The workshop will include a plenary program with simultaneous translation from English to Portuguese and Spanish. All attendees are encouraged to present a poster of their work to be displayed throughout the workshop. Eight over-arching topics will be included:
- Innovative Chemistry and Technology for Crop Protection
- Risk Assessment Regulation and Global Harmonization
- Quality and Constituents of Pesticides
- Environmental Chemistry and Risk Assessment
- Pesticides Residues in Food
- Education and Information Management in Crop Protection
last modified 28 April 2009.
Copyright © 2003-2009 International Union of Pure and
Questions regarding the website, please contact email@example.com