31 No. 6
|Where 2B &Y
||Announcements of conferences, symposia, workshops, meetings, and other upcoming activities.
Chemistry for the Development of the Arab World
20–22 April 2010, Albaath University, Homs, Syrian Arab Republic
The biennial Arab Chemical Conference, which plays an important role in the Arab scientific community, involves outstanding chemists who present their findings and innovations in various fields of chemistry. The conference also enables the exchange of information and ideas on various aspects of chemistry, chemical technology, and chemical education that often leads to new innovations that will further enhance economic development and improve the quality of life in the Arab world.
The 15th Arab Chemical Conference will be held in Homs, Syrian Arab Republic, 20–22 April 2010. The objectives of the conference are as follows:
- further scientific and technological development in the chemical sciences
- utilize chemistry expertise and knowledge for development in the Arab world
- develop a vision for achieving a clean and safe environment
- advance chemistry education in the Arab world
- encourage the exchange of experiences among Arab researchers and chemists
The purpose of the conference is to bring together scientists from universities, research institutes, and industry in the Arab region and around the world to discuss developments and new perspectives in chemistry and chemistry education. Plenary and invited lectures will be included in the conference program.
Oral and poster presentations as well as panel discussions will be organized around these topics:
- New Trends in Chemistry
- Chemistry for Sustainable Development
- Chemical Wastes, Reduction, Treatment, and Recycling
- Nano Chemistry and its Applications
- New Trends in Teaching and Learning Chemistry
For more information, contact Saleh Al Fahili <Alfahiliemail@example.com> at the Syrian Chemical Society, Homs.
last modified 11 December 2009.
Copyright © 2003-2009 International Union of Pure and
Questions regarding the website, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org