33 No. 4
|Where 2B &Y
||Announcements of conferences, symposia, workshops, meetings, and other upcoming activities.
The 2nd International Conference on Agrochemicals Protecting Crops, Health, and Natural Environment—Role of Chemistry for Sustainable Agriculture will be held in New Delhi, India, 15–18 February 2012.
The conference will provide a forum for scientists from different disciplines, industry, and other stakeholders to discuss the latest trends and discoveries in agochemicals and deliberate on important issues of agricultural research. The conference will comprise a number of plenary and keynote lectures by the world’s leading scientists. Besides new copmpounds, new concepts and new uses, the conference will cover other traditional areas of research such as pest diseases,weed and resistance management, exploring biodiversity for botanical and biopesticides, genetically modified crops, and nutraceuticals, as well as research into effects on human health, risk management, ecotoxicology, and remediation strategies. The conference will also deliberate on other key issues such as analytical chemistry; pesticide residues in crops, food commodities, water, beverages; and changes in pesticide regulation.
The main themes of the conference are as follows:
- New Generation Synthetic and Natural Agrochemicals
- Agrochemicals delivery systems towards occupational and environmental safety
- Pesticide and natural environment
- Pesticide resistance management
- Biotechnology and Crop Protection—Current and Future Approaches
- Organic Approaches to Pest Management
- Pesticide Management for Human Safety and Food Security
- Pesticide Industry: Prospects and Constraints
- Agrochemical Detection, Analysis and Quantification
- Integrated Pest Management
- Nanotechnology and its Application in Agriculture and Health
Chemical Fertilizers—Technologies for Improving Efficiency, Productivity and Reliability, Nutrient-Based Subsidy Policy
- Use of Geomatics in Farming System Research
last modified 30 June 2011.
Copyright © 2003-2011 International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry.
Questions regarding the website, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org