Title: University Education in Polymer Science
Completion Date: 2003 - project completed
To collect and to exchange the experience on University Education in
The following objectives will be achieved in the course of the project:
1. Collection of the curricula in polymer science (for universities
having special educational program in this field). In particular, it
- preparation of the transparencies of the main lecture courses in
polymer science to be posted on the Web;
- development of electronic teaching facilities in polymer science.
2. Organization of meetings dedicated to the exchange of experience
in polymer education:
- June 28-29, 2000, Copenhagen, Denmark.
Preparatory meeting on University Education in Polymer Science. Satellite
meeting of the European Polymer Workshop "Polymer Surfactants".
- July 15-20, 2001, Eindhoven, the Netherlands.
(in the framework of the Congress of European Polymer Federation).
- July 7-12, 2002, Beijing, China.
Symposium on University Education in Polymer Science in the Universities
all over the world (in the framework of the IUPAC Polymer Congress).
3. Formulation of the recommendations for the education in Polymer
- for the minimum set of topics for lecture courses in polymer science
- for the most useful practicum problems
4. Organization of distant lecturing facilities for the specialists
in polymer science.
5. Analysis of the directions for the changes in the contents of polymer
education in the 21st century (in connection with the changes of trends
of polymer research) will be carried out.
Initiation of web posting of transparencies of the main lecture
courses in polymer science.
> Lecture notes of Khokhlov "Introduction
to Polymer Science" on http://polly.phys.msu.su.
It is planned that these and other transparencies will be posted on
the educational Web sites of European Polymer Federation and IUPAC